[Mccoypottery-talk] Happy Face FYI's

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:01:32 -0500

Another  FYI:
The person who "invented the Happy Face" was Harvey Ball for an advertising
campaign and he never got a trademark on it and never regretted it as he
wanted to share it with the world. He was paid the huge fee of $45. for the
idea.

And of course I have more information on him on the web site:
http://collectibles.about.com/library/weekly/aa041301a.htm

There are numerous other Happy Face items out there made by companies like
Enesco and some put out by Teleflora.
I have an adorable Happy Face jar with a Santa Hat on it!
http://collectibles.about.com/library/jars/bljaradvent15.htm

I don't think any of the Happy Face jars have the finial type top that the
McCoy jar has.

The non-McCoy mugs, ( really can't call them reproductions, how about
look-a-likes) are much lighterweight and different sizes.

Chiquita, I've seen pictures of the Black Smiley in books but never in real
life. Do you have a picture on your web site? Or something I could use to
show in my cookie jar index?

bc

At 06:45 PM 8/7/03 -0400, you wrote:
>I wouldn't think so. I've only seen one fake and it's smaller by a
>noticeble amount...

Barbara Crews
A Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World!
Collectibles Guide on About