[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Vase

Jennifer Smith Capriherb@dialupnet.com
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:00:52 -0400

I was digging through my mom's basement last night and she has a beautiful
McCoy vase that I'm curious about.
It is a medium forest green and it is in art deco style with the handles
coming from the bottom as part of the deco on the vase and then flaring out
to the sides.  I guess I could describe it as paneled in appearance, around
6 inches tall and approximately 2 inches wide when viewed from the side as
well as around 3 inches from side to side at the front/back.
The confusing thing was it had the McCoy logo on it as well as USA but the
top had something written that I couldn't read around 6 or 7 letters that
started with maybe M?  It was pretty dark and I didn't take it upstairs to
investigate further so I'm not sure.  But I was wondering if anyone could
tell me what the bottom said and what it meant?

The find for this Hull collector though  was a beautiful jardiniere in the
Woodland series worth several hundred dollars that MY MOM GAVE ME!!!!  Talk
about a gal at the Christmas tree!!!  I was so tickled that I was almost in
tears!  It was hid way back in the back and I barely remember it from when I
was a kid with a flower in it on the porch during the summers and it is in
perfect, mint, beautiful condition!

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm & "Hull Full Of Ohio"
Baltimore, OH
Living in the Green Belt of Columbus Ohio,
Go BUCKS!!!
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/ohiopottery