[Mccoypottery-talk] FYI

Surprizes@aol.com Surprizes@aol.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 08:46:36 EST

Please let me know if you get this ... for some reason I don't think my
emails are connecting.
Yo are correct about sizing pottery to tell if it is a copy.
I am a potter/ceramist and when I make molds from an original piece I made
the mold is the same size as the original piece ... but the clay slip (liquid
clay) that is poured in shrinks as it dries ... then it shrinks again when it
is fired.
This can be 6%, 10% or even up to 15% shrinkage, depending on the clay slip
poured into the mold!
So that is excellent advice ... ask for measurements ... height and width ...
this will give you a more accurate account of what you're getting.
Diane Pleasant
Pleasant Surprizes
 <A HREF="http://pleasantsurprizes.com/">Welcome to Pleasant Surprizes</A>  (his page is active but not be completed or
ready to open until mid summer 2003)