[Mccoypottery-talk] FYI

VSMITHW@aol.com VSMITHW@aol.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:32:01 EST

In a message dated 2/23/03 10:23:46 PM Central Standard Time,
jfpulliam@attbi.com writes:

> When I started this tread on Miss faye. I thought it would be a good
> learning experience for a lot of us.

I think it is a good learning experience for all of us.  I have to admit that
I was puzzled at some of the responses to your message.  No one was saying
that eBay was bad, or that everyone who sold on eBay was crooked.  I took
your message for exactly what it had to say...there are some bad sellers
there and miss Faye (as Faye's Southern Memories or any of her other screen
names) is a perfect example of what to watch out for.

Having a private auction...private feedback...and claims to be selling items
that most McCoy collectors know to either be non-existent or very rare should
just set off all kinds of warning bells.  We're fortunate - we have a site
here where we can ask other folks for information and advice.  I just feel
terrible for those folks out there on eBay all alone who are getting taken by
sellers like Faye.

And if someone could explain to me exactly what it was about the original
message thread that got folks off track here, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Vicki