[Mccoypottery-talk] Twin Swans ??? in Missouri

Patricia Tomlinson triciatom69@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:56:07 -0800 (PST)

  I live in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.  I took an over the river and through the woods drive to Pedauca ,KY.  it was about an hour  drive from here.  I'm new to this region, born and raised in FL.   I love the heartland, lots of nice people here.

  I' ve enjoyed this chat list . Everyone is so nice.  I wound up here after researching a piece marked   USA  .  I bought it on eBay from a dealer who claimed it to be a "vintage McCoy."   She assured me that some McCoy pieces were simply marked USA.  When it arrived I was rather  disappointed.  It just didn't look right.  It's  a flower holder with   Twin Swans , pastel colors, cream with pink wings,  facing each other..It measures about 6" x 6"  . Now here's the strange part... behind the two swans on the back is a single flower stem holder hole with a plastic insert.   It's not a planter. It looks like something flower shop gift item.  That' s my best discription.

Does Anyone have a clue on this one.

  Tricia