[Mccoypottery-talk] Gorgeous Pottery

Chris Jubic cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:47:05 -0800

Diane, I would love to see a pic! I think I have a pair of the same!

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Surprizes@aol.com=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 3:08 AM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Gorgeous Pottery

  I have a very old piece that I've been looking for info on for over a yea=
r, maybe someone can shed some light on it.  It's about 1920's-30's, art de=
co, of a boy and girl hugging next to a tree stump, the tree has hearts cut=
 in it.  It is matte white and flat on the bottom (no footing or glaze).
  It has MC written on the bottom with red paint ... I think the owner once=
 just wrote it there.
  It stands about 10" high ... I got it at a garage sale for $1.00.
  I just love it so that I don't care what it is ... the lines and curves a=
re so simple and serene I just like to take my hands and feel it. I can sen=
d a picture to anyone who would like to take a crack at it ... I figure it =
may be Hull, Haeger, or Shawnee ... gee, I wish it would be McCoy.=20
  Diane=20