{SPAMFILTER} [Mccoypottery-talk] places to look for MCcOY

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:48:57 -0100

Loretta and anyone who  would like to know  places to Find potter  In PA
or  within  100 miles   or so .
Adamstown PA  whole town is full of  collectibles shops  malls  several
I  can think of off hand that i have  found  the good Junque In are.
Rennigers  they also have a  big outside  Flea , Shupps Grove  huge
flea  an antique s market   lots of vendors  most will  go lower on
items , I  got used  to asking   can you do better Or  what  is you
bottom line on  this piece. I try to  avoid unpriced stuff I have seen
many dealers  will  quote   the prices  different  to  whomever they
feel  should pay more  or  which I have had happen  when in my  jean
overalls   they  say  a high number think i can't afford to  by.  We wen
up  last month and   got a weller  another unmarked jardiniere and  kewl
mccoy  planter  the  Jard I paid  12.00  for  its  nice  have hunted up
the maker yet   the other two it was later afternoon and he was  in the
mood to deal  .On the price  and  some will give you a good  rate  if
you  buy  two  pieces  not just one,  If it were up to me LOL I would
have bough   2 more times  but I wasn't paying that day  DH was.
Ok back to the list  on the same road but in  the opposite direction
coming off the turn pike   In  reamstown or Denver  there   is a  nice
Set back a bit   from the highway  called the covered bridge.  I   love
that place   I got  5  nice pieces there  including 2  matching Jards
total cost was   fairly cheap .
Monday mornings  there's the Perkioman  auction and flea market  again
you never know hat  goodie you will find. I don't get there much  but
hope to.
Quakertown  has lots of places  in  several areas shops    the Mart has
an nice indoor outdoor flea.
ON  Rt.  and 10 where they meet  there  is a shop  up on a hill   also
nice stuff. and across the street   is another  mall type thing.
Pottstown  has  an indoor flea market  Near the Farmers market ,   lots
of goodies    I think it was the old eagles  or elks  place   one of
those  organizations they have two floors a   lots of both areas and
rooms   to check out. If you  take  63 into  Red Hill douglas vile area
plenty of   yard sales   along the main  drag and a few shops  here
another. Pheonicsville has   store front  along it main  drag. Great
auction house in spring city  Reeds   every  thursday .

In Pendel Pa is the old grit mill big building  lots and lots of
pottery. ( most of this can be looked up online  for  correct
directions.
OK  then In boyertown    Zerns  open  Tuesday  friday  and saturday  no
sundays for religious reason.  Then  if you go up rt.  100  to Barto
there Is Jakes  flea market   again lots of venders  but you got to get
there early    most pack up  by 1 pm. Tuesdays is Reises  In  holicong
PA only been there once  sometimes they open on a holiday.  gets real
crowded and   closed  early  cos they start early  .
there is also  lots to  see   before  New hope    the e lahaska  flea
on rt. 202 small  behind a diner but   can find  some  good stuff there
to.. then  there Is new hope    Many shops   may be  a bit pricey,
across the  bridge on rt.  29  is lambertville   market and golden
nugget markets and shops  side by side  hugh area  lots of vendors  Best
days   are saturday  and wed .  Sunday is ok but seem they get  pricier
on Sundays.  . Going the opposite direction is   two towns   I forget
the first  but you can't miss it lots  of quaint  shops  then  19 miles
up is Frenchtown  really nice looking  Bridge  St.  has   a  lot of
shops .   Back on the PA side of the river   is  rt. 32  again   nice
scenic area and  some  nice shops not sure how pricing is then you can
keep going  up toward extol   again  you will see lots  of places  on
the way. In Collegville there is the Power house  big  big  place  . ,
Kulpsville flea  market on cowpath  road in an old school  has   lots of
vendors its   mostly all inside . Open weekends . Roxboro    has  some
big one  on main street and  some on ridge ave. The Limerick   has bee
redone  bigger and   inside and out now  just  go  up Ridge pike   or
shoot overfrom 113 or  73  I used to sell there myself  it wasn't  half
bad.
In philly toward the tycony  there is  the quaker  city market inside
and out.
. I can give you mare   I have to  think  a bit harder there are so many
places  . I also have an AntiqueWeek    guide to shops etc. I can give
you if you  want it..
You can also do a search online there is   a  guide online   by states
. You can use map quest to  get  the directions to almost any place.   I
will look up  the Link   for you   to PA  places  lots may not advertise
but once you get on  the road  you may see plenty of little and big
shop.
Oh and in Emmaus there is Harry  Rinkers place. that's up on off rt.
100  after  jakes . Lionville   shops are  nice also.  whew  and  there
is still lots more   but My Brain is a bit  foggy its late LOL . g'nite
all  Pati

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING