[Mccoypottery-talk] slightly OT: ebay and shipping

acp acpearce@io.com
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:14:01 -0700

JHS wrote:

>Just as I said before, I put a watch on anything I'm interested in and then
>send the seller the following question:  How much is the total shipping to
>43105?

You don't have time to do that, if the auction is about over, so I don't
bid
on those, even though I would have liked to.

...snipping....

>You are right in that some of the eBay people are making their profit off
>the shipping and handling and that's not right.  But I will tell you that in
>the very near future, shipping is going to go up again because all the boxes
>are going to be charged for by the shipping companies.

Huh??  What do you mean??  You mean we will have to buy boxes from
USPS or UPS??   I don't believe they can enforce that.

>The thing that
>gets me is how horrible USPS is in handling pottery.  And their ridiculous
>charge of $1.30 for insurance is crazy!  That's consumer rip off to the
>extreme.  I'd rather my stuff come UPS or FedEx any day!
>Jennifer Smith      Capriherb Farm     Baltimore, Ohio

I agree USPS is just embrrassing.  I hate to use them.  And it really ticks
me off that they are complaining about their customers going to FexEx and
UPS, etc.  If they had decent customer service and intelligent people
running
the POs, I'd use them more.    It think it's stupid that they have the
nerve to
close at 4:30 or 5pm and then complain that customers are going elsewhere.
Well, duh -- stay open until people who work, during the day, can get
there!!
:-(
And you don't want to get me started on the level of people they hire.  ;-)
acp