[Mccoypottery-talk] cookie jars

acp acpearce@io.com
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:14:37 -0700

I believe my favorite thing is teapots.  I just don't have room for
the cookie jars.   And besides, I just like teapots -- even the very
idea of them.  :-)   They are just so, so, civilized.  :-)

But, I have been very bad; not to mention stupid.  I went nuts
on ebay last night.  :-(    I saw all these teapots -- all different
kinds and no one had bid on them yet, so I just went along, bidding
on many of them, thinking others would out bid me and then I'd go
back and narrow the choices and make a final bid on the ones I
really did want.    I did that for several things with existing, but low
bids. too.

Well, today I'm getting the notices --- you've won this, you've won
that.  Good grief!!   I never imagined I'd actually win much of anything.
I didn't win any of the McCoy things, though.  :-(

Fortunately, when the shipping price was too high or when it was not
listed, I send the seller a note saying I was bidding on their item, but
did not want to get stuck w/ an exhorbitant shipping fee so if I got it,
send it cheapest possible method.    I'm sure it didn't endear me to
some of them, but hey -- they don't have to sell it to me, if they
don't want to.  ;-)

You know, when I was bidding on cameras, a few months ago,
I never even came close to getting an item I bid on.  Go figure.  ;-)

Well, gotta run take care of my green teapot and my pink vase
and my precious moments teapot and my Roseville planter and
my 3 "collectors" books and my StarTrek trading cards and...you
get the idea.  ;-)
acp
------