[Mccoypottery-talk] Upgrading NS, was: Using NS and not MS

acp acpearce@io.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:06:24 -0700

Actually, there really is no option about migrating to a newer version
of Netscape.  You will have to do it if you want to get to certain
websites.  NS 4.N does not support the plugins needed.

Netscape 6 & 7 take some getting used to, but within a couple
of days, they will feel perfectly natural.   However, if you do
plan to migrate (and you will have to eventually), take my advice
and DON'T try to use NS 6.   It's horribly buggy.

Interestingly enough, I have had to keep NS 4.7, even after migrating
to NS 7.  There are some genealogy websites that will not run properly
with NS 6 & 7.  They hang Netscape, completely -- all windows you
have open.  So, I keep old 4.7 for those sites and then I actually
had to install IE for a couple of ancestry.com pages/functions.   Now,
THAT really irritated me.  ;-)
acp