[Mccoypottery-talk] Repro/Fake Source

JHS capriherb@dialupnet.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:10:17 -0100

Loretta:
A couple of things you should look at when buying.  First, if the bidders
are private then it's a red flag.  If the feedback is private and below 99%,
a BIG RED FLAG!  The private part is what you have to watch out for.  Why
would someone who is selling so many items keep their feedback private?  Why
is it only around 97%?  Then the last thing you can do is look in advanced
search for how many things exactly like it the person has sold in the last 2
weeks plus current.

You can bookmark this:
http://pages.ebay.com/search/items/search_seller.html
That usually is all you need to know to not bid.  But I go 2 steps further.
First, if I am suspect but it looks real, I email the seller.  If they don't
respond I go on.  Also, if they don't list shipping or state that only exact
shipping will be charged, I ask first because I've been burned on getting a
good deal and then the seller makes their profit back on the item through
high shipping prices.
I think the best advice would be to go to Square Trade and file a case
there.  This will cause her to keep from filing a non bidder alert with
eBay.  You still have time to do that.  This way it is through eBay as to
why you aren't paying and hopefully someday eBay will get tired of all the
Square trade arbitrations that have to be against her and they will kick her
off eBay!  I think the interesting thing would be to ask to see the bidders
list.  I would bet that she is shilling these items and that you were in
fact bidding against her!  If so, it is a VERY serious offense!  To find
that out though you would have to send a fraud case to eBay with your
suspicions.  They can look at the bidders and figure that all out.

Thanks for listening....

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio