[Mccoypottery-talk] OT re: pop-up windows, was: About.com

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:07:36 -0500

If you want to close a window before it finishes loading, you first need to
click on the 'X' --- the "stop" button. I use a current version of
Netscape. I have it set (in the preferences) to not load pop-up windows.
Before I had that feature, I would use Crtl-W (or was it Alt-W  ?)  to
quickly/automatically close a pop-up window --- no need to use the mouse.
Although I don't know a lot about software, I'm sure this would work with
IE, too. (I don't think the Ctrl-W thing has anything to do with a specific
browser. I think it works with any/all windows).