[Mccoypottery-talk] touching base

Cunningham, Beth Beth.Cunningham@EKU.EDU
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:30:05 -0400

Beck, this letter seemed so funny to me.  My husband and I got back from va=
cation last Monday.  We went thru Amarillo (no time to stop) and spent one =
night in Tucumcari.  But the shops were closed and wouldn't reopen until 10=
:00 am; we were back on the road by 8:00 am.  Wish I had seen some of those=
 prices!  I would have just added to everything else in our van!   Strange =
that we were vacationing in the same areas at the same time.  What day were=
 you in Tucumcari?  By the way, I had over 900 emails when I returned to wo=
rk!!!    Beth in KY

-----Original Message-----
From: ABSKI [mailto:wuvoo@charter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 9:58 AM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] touching base

Hi McHunters.  Just got back from vacation and my husband tells me he delet=
ed all my McCoy mail.  Said one day there were 60 messages on this list.  I=
 figured something was going on, and from what I have read since - Patti ha=
s a new website, Tom is back, and there was a big auction.  Missed you all =
and regret all the messages I missed.  BUT!  My husband wants me to unsubsc=
ribe and I refuse to do so.  So if I allow him to delete to keep peace, wil=
l do so.  Spent a day on 6th street in Amarillo, TX and couldn't believe th=
e prices!!  If I had driven instead of flying, would have bought just to re=
sale in KY!!  Or not, since I have never sold a piece I bought.  Also found=
 some good pieces in Tucumcari, NM at incredible prices but let them go cos=
 I didn't know how to get them home!!  Next year I'm driving out to see my =
dad, and loading up my car with souvenirs!!  Did get a piece of Grecian at =
a pawn shop for $5.  Stamped 24K.  Couldn't pass that up.  Had a great time=
, but missed my list!!  Missed you all.  Beck in KY