[Mccoypottery-talk] antique places and McCoy

acp acpearce@io.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 01:24:39 -0700

I don't know of any shops specializing in McCoy, anywhere.
However, in my experience, the small, touristy areas have more
possibilities (more antique shops)  than others in the midwest.

I travel from Austin, TX to Grove, OK (hometown), quite often.
I take I-35 to Dallas and then 75 to the OK border, where it becomes
US 69.  I take 69 on to 412 and then pick up 59 on into Grove, but
you wouldn't want to, unless you just want to go thru there.   There are
tons of antique stores and flea markets on the way.

Each of the resort areas in OK and those I know in AR and MO, have
lots of little antique stores/flea markets associated with them. There are
6 in Grove, that I can think of, off the top of my head, and Grove is a
tiny
town.  ;-)    My experience is that you find more antiques along the
smaller
highways than along the interstates.  However, the interstates are much
more
pleasant to travel. ;-)

I've noticed some Roseville, Frankoma, McCoy & Fenton in stores in the
Grove area, but I know they only had a few pieces when I was in there.
I suspect, that is the way it is all over.   A few here; a few there.
Actually, there is a place in town w/ a LOT of that type of pottery (and
much other stuff), but it's called Har-Ber Village and their stuff is
not forsale
(it's a museum thingie).   It's just for drooling purposes.  ;-)

Even more "antique-y" areas than the resort areas of NE OK, are
Eureka Springs, AR and Branson, MO.

acp