[Mccoypottery-talk] OUR LIST

Chris Jubic cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:01:51 -0700

Does that mean that my emails sent from my own server are "archived" and ca=
n be read by anyone?
If so, Ut oh!

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Patti=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 6:25 AM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] OUR LIST

  Well  you know  chris that doesn't surprise me I just  lokked at the list=
 site and archived messages are public  but i don't think  my emails were  =
gotton on the web But you know what  email  headers  when opened show the m=
ost  facinating info!! The rest is easy  just a few clicks and  checking  o=
n  email smtp server  and  bingo!! FYI  to whomever   wants to know  some /=
 most domain emails are sent through   the persons  regular email server (n=
ot the web  hostings) and does show  the  user  ID.=20
  Chris Jubic wrote:=20

     Here is a strange thing. Yesterday I was doing a "google" seach for so=
me pottery items and guess what came up? I cant believe it,.....our McC-tal=
k strings! Copies of all the emails eveyone on the list EVER sent to anyone=
 for everyone to see. So I guess copies of all our emails are being publish=
ed on the web for anyone to read!!!!. Is that normal?I can go back and see =
if I can find that site again and foward it all to yous on the list,...if y=
ou like.I was really suprized to find all our messages on the net! Sould I =
be? I dont know. Its a cyberspace thing, I guess. I dont even understand ho=
w TV or radio transmissions work, nevermind the net! Does everything on the=
 net get stored and/or published somewhere? It must. I dont know how that w=
orks.Interesting, no?CJ in NY=20=20