[Mccoypottery-talk] True or False??

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 23:45:36 -0100

Very good  quiz!! most of mccoy animals I saw  listed in a book were
white
Ok I know this isn't the full list but as to  did they make miniature
animals  . Yes  according to my Harvey dukes  official guide to pottery
and porcelain  under Nelson McCoy Miniatures there was a Fish, Pouter
Pigeon and a swan all valued  at $20-25 each.
Under other  there was  mini cornucopia $20-25, pitcher and vase both
$15-20 . Miniatures were made in solid colors( as per  the book these
are in descending order of frequency found)  aqua, white, blue, yellow
and pink  some  pieces were made in gold and lavender . Now  again as to
what is in  my book under NOTE  : there are miniatures that are rare .
the ones listed you have some chances of finding. As to  time  line of
being made that it doesn't' say .
as to  quiz answers  :
1. True
2. yes
3. unsure probably 50's  maybe
4. Doubtful  probably   unmarked  but possibly  the  vases  may have
been      USA  in side or back  not really sure.
Ok another bit of info  for everyone  Morton Pottery made  a  larger
line of miniatures  also  more animals and other items . E.g. Dogs
horses squirrel, chicken kangaroo  lamb  elephants  and more. these
range in value  from  7 to 12 depending on the figure.  The Harvey
Dukes Paperback version Official guide to Pottery and Porcelain has
lots of good info on  a great many   companies  over 21,00 prices listed
,  I  like to  have it for  quick reference . mine is ith edition  its
paperback and easy to carry around. Not many pics in it but it does show
the  bigger companies  shapes  and  each line is listed under its own
heading .

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING