[Mccoypottery-talk] Pipe - McCoy?

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:44:07 -0500

Hi everybody,

Did McCoy ever make a pipe with a dog on it? I forgot to measure it when it
was here, and she's already taken it back home. This is another of my
friend, Betsy's pieces. Not counting the "stem" part (or whatever you call
that part of a pipe) the "bowl" part is about the size of a big mug. The
height isn't as tall as a mug, though. There's no mark. It's brown with a
ring of cold paint around the "stem" and at the end of it (the part of a
pipe that would go in your mouth) it has the same black cold paint - a
little of that part has rubbed off.

If not McCoy, does anyone know who/what/when/where? There are 2 *very*
crude pictures of it on my website. (Sorry, but I'm the one with the dime
store digital camera).

I would appreciate anyone who would please go to my website and have a look
at it. From the front page, click on "photo albums" and then click on "This
'n That"  You'll find the "dog pipe" at the bottom of the page.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-markspottery

(if this isn't "clickable" please copy and then paste into your browser)

Thanks a lot!  :)

mj