[Mccoypottery-talk] Fun Trivia

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:38:54 -0500

Well, I had several correct answers and several incorrect answers..
W does not stand for wheel... or William..

But it does stand for Winton --
You might remember a week or so ago I mentioned it was Don Winton's 84th
Birthday. He is commonly referred to as the Grandfather or father of cookie
jars. The Twin Winton did cookie jars, but Don designed for many other
companies. The W's on Brush jars stand for Winton. They are always cute
whimsical jars.

He also did quite a bit of work for Disney -- even doing a plastic model of
the Sleepy Beauty Castle for Disneyland  (before it opened). Country Music
award grammies, presidential library busts, on and on and on.  I remember
when I learned the W was for Winton and immediately could  see his hand in
the cute designs.

Anyway... lesson over. ~vbg~
bc