[Mccoypottery-talk] OT Tiara glass (please help if U know this glass)

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:11:16 -0500

I have a piece (big bowl) of amber Tiara glass with nary a flaw ;)  I know
nothing about it, but I'm sure this is the real thing as it was in my
grandmother's house for umpteen years. I've tried searches, but to be
honest, there's so many thousands of sites which include "amber Tiara bowl"
that it makes my head spin. I also did an eBay search in their current
auctions - there's one there with what looks like an attempt at the pattern
that's on the one I have, and the seller says "made in the 70's."  A lady
who lives down the street from me says that she *thinks* this one was made
in the 40s, but she's not sure. I don't know this lady personally, so I
don't even know if she knows what she's talking about.

Please e-mail me at  mjtn@bellsouth.net  if you can help me.

Thanks!
mj