[Mccoypottery-talk] Slow, let's start a conversation!

Betty Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:59:01 -0500

  Someday I am going to have the wallpocket that is a birdbath with a littl=
e bird perched on it.  We were poor farmers and my mom did not have a bunch=
 of fancy vases or wall hanging.  Most of the things she had came from the =
local 10 cent store. In Okla. the most common one was TG&Y.  They would som=
etimes put a table out on the sidewalk and put cracked, chipped or other no=
n-perfect things out there. Usually they were 10 cents!!  Mom bought the bi=
rdbath and a wingtip was boken off.=20=20
  She made some of the home made 'play dough' and rebuilt the tip and stain=
ed it by rubbing my crayolas between her fingers and rubbing it on the repa=
ir.  Noone ever knew it was broken but me.  I have found most of the cracke=
d or chipped Francoma that mom had and some other vases and things.
  I also want a jardieer on a pedistal some day but don't have my heart set=
 on one single one.  Betty the Okie in Ia.