[Mccoypottery-talk] repros-fakes,etc

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:11:52 -0100

Great Article I will be happy to put links  up for anyone  here n the
list this one is important .
I think though some other info  that was obtained  given to me  to me
after this was written I guess ms  source would be happy to know the New
company for sales anyway  was moved to another owner (who states  they
are  partnered and running new operations for  Mr. J. ) and another
state .  And at this point I don't care who sees my posts since  they
were showed to this person and I doubt Mr. J is even doing anything more
than production and supply now all answers  come directly from the  New
operations person. Who  was anD still has another ebay ID that sold  the
other  stuff as  real.
Basically  Something had to be done  just in case so the new Partner was
obtained a new Company and  mark were born. Out of concern or ethics  I
very much doubt it. For Mr. J maybe   he  talked  himself into thinking
it was for his love of pottery  for which he  could have  made money on
some of his   really beautiful own designs of vases etc. ( for which
the  New partner  denies ever  existed)   after he  got known but
decided to take the  fast  route  with  a well known name
But that's ok we may all be appalled but  hey as long as  this  line is
being ld as it should be  nobody will  unless they do not read  the
full description or  are dense    fooled into thinking they are buying
to old .
It may be legal  but now  at least people know what they are getting
maybe  them not knowing if the law couldn't touch them  In his state
anyway I don't know it pertains to all states laws differ. So in other
word they covered their  or his ass-ets.
The web site and the domain name are not  owned by Mr. J.  Nor are they
in the  state   that he was last known to be living and producing his
wares.
 Well I  do  hope  they Know  that no real  Shawnee or  Hull or Mccoy
collector will buy  their wares  they will be sold  to people  who just
want a decoration not a collectible.  And at  the average of  70.00
each  that's  not cheap for a cheap  decoration.  You can still find
the real  thing  within that  price range if  you look hard enough.
Quita I salute you for  your great article and hard work you  put into
it and you should  send it to  other publications  especially  all the
newsletters for  antiques and collectibles online  and  to the editors
of AntiqueWeek . I am sure Connie would  publish it in the  weekly
paper. I am aquainted with connie  I have  been  [printed in her  paper
and can give you the  email ady if you  want to  give it a try.  And I
am sure you know  if you submit it to  auctionbytes  she will  add it to
her  news flash as well.
Now on to better things  for me and  collectors  but  I will hang on to
what I have received just in case ; .).

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING