[Mccoypottery-talk] New antique shop in KY

M. Caudill mcaudill@kih.net
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 06:35:22 -0400

Rosemary, Beth, Karen, and any one else who is fairly near Morehead, KY,

About 8 miles west of Morehead on highway 60, there's an old schoolhouse
converted into an antique mall.  Called (of Course) "The Old School House".
I didn't have time to shop the whole store, but I saw quite a bit of McCoy,
most of it reasonably priced.  Whoever is looking for the ivy teapot - if
that is the one with the twig handle, I saw one in booth 105 for $75, but
offering a 10% discount.  It had no lid.  They also had a white Springwood
line Jardiniere (large) for $60.

They said they had been open about a year.  We were there last Saturday and
two little Amish girls had tables set up on the front lawn selling wonderful
baked goods.

As a retired teacher, I love to see old schools used for this instead of
demolished.  They have so much more character than the new ones.
Mike in KY