[Mccoypottery-talk] Buying damaged pieces

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:30:17 -0400 (EDT)

Jennifer,
We have always tried to avoid anything with damage unless it was
cheap-cheap-cheap.  It does hurt resale value, but if we liked it, and
it was something we didn't have, then we would go ahead.  Chips to the
underside and so-called kiln cracks (happen in the firing) and crazing
aren't too bad, but big hairlines and chips  really hurt the value.
Guess in the long run, you have to decide for yourself what you want and
what you are willing to pay.  We never could afford the really expensive
items either.  We have only a couple of things that we paid over $100.00
for.
Elizabeth

My eBay:  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/wyandotkid/

My web site:  http://collectalotshop.com/lizspostcardsandthings/