[Mccoypottery-talk] Pie Plate

Rachel Lugo lugork@msn.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:31:49 -0700

Hi all, love reading your posts daily!

Do any of you know if McCoy made pie plates?  I picked two up yesterday,
they're old thick and  heavy pieces, the clay is yellow, most of the glaze
is worn off of one but the other is in pretty good shape,  and   they look
well used/loved. They are both marked with the number 8 on the bottom,
nothing else.

The mark makes me think they are not McCoy, but they FEEL like McCoy and
look like the McCoy style of the 1920's I  just had to have them. :)

I checked eBay for a reference but I can't find anything similar.  Heck,
maybe they're not pie plates, who knows. They very well could be the trays
for a two piece planter.

I can email pics if anyone is interested in looking.

Oh and on another subject, I also picked up a pink and blue band bowl, the
dealer said it was McCoy, but it has raised ribs around the exterior, would
that shout Hull? I don't collect Hull, but I will if I can get my hands on
more of those bowls. ;)

It's marked

Oven Proof
E-1 (or D-1)