[Mccoypottery-talk] EBay Changes in Pottery!

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:53:29 -0100

I  don't really see it  to be such a big problem it may even  be an
asset  instead of  all McCoy being  associated as brush McCoy  there
will be a separation  from  JW McCoy  and Brush  and Nelson  . Nelson
McCoy is  the most collected  so to find  that  pottery it will  be
easier. and maybe when you type in  what you want  you won't have to
wade  through page after page  of stuff not even related to your search.

Some changes are hard to take  the separation  of  china glass  art
pottery to me  may  be  more helpful to sellers as well as buyers .
Most  Pottery guides who  do  the books with many  pottery  porcelain
and china companies  at last the ones i have separate them into
categories Like  Art , General  , dinnerware,  Utilitarian and so
stoneware makers  and  to me glass doesn't even belong with pottery its
a whole separate area in itself. As an example I was specifically
looking for weller Pottery  so I typed in Weller first what did I get
Soldering Irons etc.  then I went with  Weller Pottery and still got
other items that weren't even  closely related to pottery. anyway
believe me if  they do it and   the  people on the boards and the power
sellers  try it don't like it  they will change ti again. Most of the
dumbest changes that  make it harder on   little sellers  were brought
abut  by asking The  ebay elite  not the little guy what they  needed or
wanted.  ebay eventually prefers every seller  be  high end  people are
becoming power sellers  and  not really making a profit just to  be able
to  sell   anything.  its all in the status  A total double standard
although  denied  that does exist  . Little guys  are watched and
reported more  power sellers if reported for  infractions  rarely are
found to be wrong.
so  even if it may sound dumb   maybe a wait and see attitude is in
order  maybe it  can help  the little  guys even . Wishful think   maybe
but who knows?
** tip of the day  if you want a  good  search not one  that is  geared
toward your searching habits on ebay do  not sign in  unless you are
going to place a bid  ebay  tracks what you do and they know exactly
what to show you.
My daughter and I proved it  he r on My DH's  PC and I on mine  both
signed in and  did the same search  and  we both got different results
!! We did it again later after she  went home she got on her pc  signed
in I  was not signed in again we go different results  with the same
exact  keywords.
Maybe this new pottery thing is overkill but  ebay  has never  been
anything but  overkill  since it Hired Meg and went  public and got
greedy.
Eventually   it will push  collectibles away  ore then not and  some
new site will come along just for that  and not add all this other  B2C
& B2B junk and  big companies  dumping its excess  junk it couldn't
sell   in stores  and  we may have a chance again at  getting back to
the true  nature of antiques and collectibles  , again maybe wishful
think but maybe not two  such auctions have just   opened online and
they look pretty good to me  and another way to take online payments has
also   opened a paypal  like  with out the hassle  of it now being ebay
with new  and  extra added  guidelines . and  uncertainty  of not
knowing if they are going to eventually  stop allowing us to take it for
private sales and non ebay related services.

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING