[Mccoypottery-talk] question

Short049@aol.com Short049@aol.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:27:11 EST

Thank you Mike in EKY.  It does make you a little scared to sell anything
for fear it is a repo.  I sold a teapot with the pink and blue line.  And the
man that bought it said it was repo because the pink and blue line was added
to the glaze.  He said if you are able to scrape it with a fingernail, or
even catch a fingernail on the surface of the color then it is a repo.  The
originals had a light clear coat glaze on the entire outside of the piece.  I
did not know this.  Thought I might pass it on if anyone is interested.  I
guess I will just list my vase with the dimensions and let someone else
decide.
Thanks again for your help.
Jeanne