[Mccoypottery-talk] question

Neongranny@aol.com Neongranny@aol.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:12:42 EST

In a message dated 3/5/03 7:29:38 PM Central Daylight Time, Short049@aol.com
writes:

> I sold a teapot with the pink and blue line.  And the man that bought it
> said it was repo because the pink and blue line was added to the glaze.  He
> said if you are able to scrape it with a fingernai

McCoy is no fun to me anymore.  I adore pottery, but McCoy is just too
chancey  now days.  It's past it's heyday.  I've talked to people who are
looking for repros...same thing...they say.  I love to buy "prints" of some
artists that I can't afford the originals...what is the difference?  They are
framed in my home and give me pleasure daily.....and my friends don't
ask..."Is this original"  I would never buy fake McCoy...but...who knows
now?.....I don't want fakes....but there is too much crap out there.  I mean
a lot of it...
I don't want to collect McCoy anymore...no fun..
just my opinion.
Wishing all you die hard collectors the best....McCoy just got too popular
for me.  I am off collecting other things.  McCoy got blindsided....ALAS!
ANN