[Mccoypottery-talk] Hello McQuita

John Melson jemmelson39@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:45:35 -0800 (PST)

 Thanks for the reply,,, I have an set of lamp like vases that were my mom's .I know they are at least 20 or so years old .A set of 3 2 normal size an a tall one .But i wasn't really wondering about those so much ,but after hearing how some of thee McCoy talkers here saying how they go to Good Will an look for McCoys i thought mybe i would tire myself too. Well the first time i ever been to a good will store was like 2 days ago .I bought some stuff but they didn't have any McCoy's , Butt they did have like 10 or so old lamps that the bases are pottery an you could tell they were old.An the price range is from like 7 to 9 dollars for them . But One caught my eye .It is in excellent shape an the base i guess would be atleast 2 feet .It has line ribs uup an down an color is real light brown to yellowish i guess is the easyest way to decribe it . But has a gloss look but not to heavey.I was just wondering how do you make out who ever made the lamps ?  I mean they had other lamps but for some reason it look like a McCoy or some other pottery in Ohio .  I  think it look lke something good so in the morning i am going there to buy it any ways .Thay want like 8 something for it .But I would like to learn more about lamp pottery stuff . But Thanks McQuita for your time an any help anybody could give me on pottery lamps would be much heelp to me . Thanks again an good luck everbody in McCoyland.  John in Ohio ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh PS. we have like 3 Goodwills in my town ,,,,,so i guess i am going to Mchunt in Goodwill land to like Tom.
 McQuita@aol.com wrote:I'll be glad to help on lamps if I can...if not, i'll forward your e-mail
addy to my buddy...what do you have?