[Mccoypottery-talk] spring storms (off topic and long - sorry) WAS: (no subject)

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 09 May 2003 22:41:54 -0500

Mark,
Well I am still shaking a very large tornado - (they said a mile wide, but
will find out tomorrow in the daylight,) passed less than 1/4 from our
house about 1/2 an hour ago. We thought it was headed directly for us, but
apparently it just missed us. this was the closest yet.
Yes, Oklahoma has more tornadoes than any state in the us... and I think
anywhere in the country. We had that horrible one a few years ago they say
it was the highest recorded winds on earth -- F5, that we watched on tv
head toward us... spawning multiple tornadoes and then veering off. Last
night it hit the same area as that one. Tonight it went right through
Oklahoma City and they are saying major damage but since its 10 pm at
night, we can't tell what happened yet.

Pardon me for being graphic.... but I think I want to go throw up...

bc