[Mccoypottery-talk] A "Fake" Idea

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Sun, 11 May 2003 23:39:58 -0100

Mark there are appraisers online and they are very expensive  Judith Katz -Swartz is one
that I know  she  belongs to anothet  group i  also belong to Peacelist  she deson't
really give info to anyone   on  the list but  does  show her auctions    of course
casue it is alsoa list to show your  wares  .  To me charging  people a fee   especially
people I know   and care about  just   doesn't sit right with me  . But I also do not
consider myself  an expert   in any area  there is still a lot to earn.  I also feel  if
a person is going to  buy to collect or buy to resell they should   get educated  not
have to  rely  on others  for the info that will always   be valuable to them. People buy
these fakes becasue they   either   know and don't care   that they are fakes   or  think
they will become  collectible some day   (dumb)  or  they  just want to  buy cheap  and
don't care if its real or not if it looks decent.
Faye is only one  person selling this stuff and as I see   on her  listings she never
claims  anythign is old  just that she buys and  sell what  she  can get that she  knows
moves and makes her money.
Slthugh se  does leave out that she  buys  a lot of the same items   which  must be by
wholesale   she  can get away with it  becasue nobody   has   made  an issue   about it
she  will refund   so as for fraud  maybe nobody botherd to ever  file on her.
I myself would  bid but cancel i don't want to buy this junk  for  comparison  you can
see it online  .
by law  faye cna sell this stuff its whomver  is making it that is committing the crime
by using the name   since he was warned before and   is a felon .