[Mccoypottery-talk] Betty's Pitcher

LilCn@aol.com LilCn@aol.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:28:15 EDT

Hi Betty--I'm not familiar with your pitcher, but I think there was a time
(not recently) when there were copies of some McCoy pieces made in Japan and
clearly marked Japan.  For instance, McCoy made a couple of calf planters in
the early 40s, and I found a copy of the smaller one, stamped Japan.  It was
a little smaller, and the colors were under the glaze, but the shape was
exact.  My guess is that it was produced in the late 40s or early 50s.  I
have heard of other such copies--maybe your pitcher was one of them--Lillian