[Mccoypottery-talk] Re: Reply to questions

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 22:32:35 -0500

I have totally lost track of who I was looking for what for.......so hope
you all read all postings.
Quita I have not seen any of your wanted items surface in the old estate but
there are many more boxes to be unpacked.
Barb I do hope all of your jars were okay.  I am glad that you and your
family were safe, that is all that really matters.
To who ever had the puritan pitcher... I failed what else can I say.  I know
I have seen that somewhere but for now I give up.
The flat round brown object that you sent the picture of is not a
candleholder. According to the McCoy Pottery book by Jeffrey Snyder, page
189, it is a clay land mine and there is no suggested price.
The Stonecraft bowl, pink and blue stripe, I am in doubt in what I found.
You said 10" and the listing of all those bowls in the HNH Vol 1 page
298-299 it list a bowl as a 10qt bowl for $25-35. It shows it next to a 4"
coffee mug and it looks to me like it should be a 10" bowl.  10qt is 2 1/2
gallon and that is a huge bowl.  I have a 6 qt one and it is all you want to
handle so I wonder if that isn't a typo.  All of those bowls are in the same
price range.
The 2 tone brown pitcher I cannot find. There are several pitchers with
decals on them but I did not find yours.
The "Gingham Patchwork Cylinder Cookie jar is marked 216 M McCoy USA LCC it
is  9.5" tall and $30-35. Snyder's book pg 189 prices for 1999.
The Winking Pig Cookie Jar was from 1972 and the factory mold #0150 again
Snyder's book pg 203.
In Huxford book on McCoy on page 141 I found the Fish and Fowl planter
$50-$75. That was 1997 value.
If there is someone that I have forgotten please forgive.  I am going to
wipe my slate clean and start a new list.  I will be glad to find it for you
if I can.  BettyFNelson@mchsi.com