[Mccoypottery-talk] Booth & Insurance

M. Caudill mcaudill@kih.net
Thu, 22 May 2003 22:56:15 -0400

OK folks,
I just retired (again) from teaching so I'm ready for my next venture. I
just rented a small space in a vendors' mall to put out some of my yard sale
finds and can use some advice from anyone out there who is already doing
this.

How do you handle breakage and theft?  I know most malls have signs about
break/buy it, but I assume most damage goes uncaught.  Do you carry
insurance? With whom? What kind?  The mall has insurance on the building,
but we're responsible for our own.

How do you set prices?

Is there a good computer program to help me track inventory?

Any special quirks to your tax return?

I know some of these answers will be of general interest, but if you want to
contact me privately, use mcaudill@kih.net.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Mike in KY