[Mccoypottery-talk] Teapots

mcaudill@kih.net mcaudill@kih.net
Mon, 26 May 2003 08:13:10 -0500 (EST)

It's probably the "Kookie Kettle" - book value $30-40, but usually selling in the mid 20's unless in great shape.  I haven't seen it repro'd.  It usually has "Kookie Kettle" printed on the outside in gold cold paint.  Yours might have been scrubbed.  Sorry I can't tell you more, I'm traveling and don't have my books with me.
Mike in KY
-------Original Message-------
From: marti Criswell <martimouse50@msn.com>
Sent: 05/25/03 11:25 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] Teapots

> I bought a McCoy black teapot? at a yard sale yesterday. It has a wire
handle with more wire coiled around it where you would pick it up. It has
matte or satin finish. Looks like the old cast iron ones that they used on
wood cook stoves. Can any one tell me anything about it. Value?  Marti
P.S. I also saw a brown drip teapot at the Goodwill store, but the lid
didn't match. I can get it for $5.00 Memorial Day if it is still there. It
will be $10 after that. E-mail me quick if you are
interested.