[Mccoypottery-talk] floraline vase

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Sat, 31 May 2003 01:01:25 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks so much to the ones who've looked so far at the pics I sent them.
I'm still new at this. Today at the Goodwill store was the first time I've
ever went out on a pottery prowl. I actually just found one of my "finds"
in one of my new (to me) books. I feel like a real live pottery detective
now! LOL ;-)

It's the 6" Floraline bud vase from the 60's. It's in Vol. 3 of the H/N/H
book on page 246 at the bottom left. It's valued at $12 to $18. This one is
a light green, "speckled" with brown. I bought it because it seemed to be
old pottery. I didn't realize that it's Floraline. To be real honest,
there's some of the Floraline that I don't really care for. But I actually
like this piece.

Some of you have taught me that you can't always go by book value, but I
don't have any experience to go by. Also, the one I have has been
completely broken at the "seam" (there's no seam, but I don't know how else
to describe it) ... I'm talking about ... where the top part meets the
bigger, lower part. BUT --- it's not as bad as it sounds. It was a clean
break, and you have to actually look for it, but you can see where it's
been glued. It was a good repair job, though. It doesn't detract from the
overall appearance.

What does this do to the value? What should I expect it to bring on eBay?
Does anyone want to see a pic?

Thanks,
mj

p.s. if there's someone on here who knows glass and china and who would
e-mail me privately and tell me something about some of what I bought
today, I'd appreciate it!