[Mccoypottery-talk] Faye

carolyn graves curly_stoner@yahoo.com
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 04:50:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
 Ok it is my turn to vent I have been checking out the cj on ebay and right now I am so mad I could spit 10 penny nails. I know that Faye has the Indian Head jar marked McCoy #93  and passing it off for McCoy. I emailed her and ask if it was made by the McCoy Pottery Co. of Ohio still have not gotten a response to that one. I know that when I emailed her it had a bid of 91.00 on it that is almost double what I gave for mine with s&h, but now this morning I have found the TeePee it is marked McCoy USA and it's fugly and there is a bid of over 100.00 on it I want to stop this witch from ripping people off and I can't cause her autions are private and there is no way of letting these people know what they are buying. When I find a seller selling these fake  jars I try to let them know what they are selling and give them the address for about.com and direct them to Barb's cornern on fakes and repro's some are grateful and then some could care less. That is about all you can do. I know
 that books are the key and if I have the jar I offer to send them pics of the real thing. Ok I will go eat breakfast and quit venting. I know this makes all of us on the list mad with your hands tied and not sure how to stop her. I have tried not to say much on this subject,cause it tends to start a riot (LOL)but this morning I just had to get on my soap box I know that there are those of you out there trying to stop this witch and others like her and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know. Carolyn