[Mccoypottery-talk] Off topic Ebay's VERO program / Faye Does it!!!

Betty Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:26:18 -0600

Tom, once several years ago, I listed a pair of childrens mocassins that we=
re Minnetonka and said so on the sole and on the inside and were in a Minne=
tonka box.  I got a thing from E-bay before they listed it asking if I was =
aware of copyright laws and if I was selling some sort of knock off I could=
 be sued.  I responded and stated what I was selling and that it was a one =
time sale.  I sold them and had no problem.  If Bulova has some sort of dea=
lership that they sell so only licensed dealers can sell the name that coul=
d be it.  I think that one of the reason that the Fayes of this world get a=
way with the phoney McCoys is that the real McCoy name was not copy righted=
 and protected the way many of the other brands were.  It is a rotten deal.=
  Betty
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 7:43 PM
  Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] Off topic Ebay's VERO program / Faye Does it=
!!!

  I listed a Bulova watch on ebay a couple of weeks ago, and it sold.
  Well I got an e-mail today from Ebay saying that my auction infringed cop=
yright laws!!!!!!!!!
  I am really confused on this one. they are threatening to suspend me from=
 ebay.
  If I get something like this, then why doesn't Faye get kicked off ebay f=
or selling all her non McCoy crap?
  HELP!!!
  Tom