[Mccoypottery-talk] to all McCoy lovers: please read. thanks

Mark Jennings mjtn@charter.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:05:53 -0600

Hi everybody,

Here's to a very happy Thanksgiving to everybody on the list.

I said several weeks ago that I was going to get "back in the groove" of
the list soon, but I didn't get to do it as soon as I wanted to, so ... I'm
doing it now :) By nature, I'm a long winded person so I'm tempted to "tell
all" but I won't. I'll make this brief.

For those of you who don't already know some of what's been going on with
me and my family, I'll just hit the high spots. In a pretty short amount of
time, I've lost a grandmother, two uncles, and my 16 y.o. daughter had a
car wreck which totalled her car. (She's going to be fine, though, thank
God) ..... My hours were cut at the office where I *used* to work 6 hours a
day, and in the afternoons and evenings, I was teaching piano pretty much
full time at home, but I've lost several students lately - all of this on
top of the expenses of everything that's been happening. So ... that's the
nutshell version of my sob story. I said all of that to say this .....

I'm forced to make some sacrifices, so I've decided to liquidate most of my
McCoy collection (and a few nice pieces of other potteries and a little bit
of nice glassware). I'm in the process of making a list of everything. If
you're interested in any *authentic* McCoy, please e-mail me privately at
mjtn@charter.net and I'll send you the list, or you can ask about anything
in particular that you've been looking for. I can take digital pictures of
anything you'd like to see, and I'll describe it the best I possibly can -
full disclosure. I wouldn't say that I have an extensive collection by any
means, but it's more than just a few pieces, along with a few that are not
considered "rare" but are not real easy to find.

Terry, Barb, McQuita, Elizabeth, Tom, Carolyn, Loretta, Betty, Kevin, Trey,
Karen, Tim, and many others ... I've been trying to catch up with
everything. I hope to be able to stay in better contact from here out.
Thanks for your contributions. Trey, I'm still praying for your mother.
McQuita, I'm so sorry about your mother. Hang in there. (sounds so cliche,
doesn't it ...)

Mark Jennings