[Mccoypottery-talk] price/cost/worth/value ?

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:39:08 -0700

Hello:  Just had to respond to the mystery message which indicated or
used a term "worth".
I always try to keep in mind that collectable items such as McCoy can
only valued as
"Collector Value"  based upon general condition of the item.  We all
know that the collector
value is one guide, but one may never obtain that value when selling.
Worth is not an appropriate
word nor is price on collectable items.  Always remember that there
must be: "A willing buyer and a willing seller" because an items
collector value may be $100.00, but there are no willing buyer at
that amount, but $50 finds the willing buyer.  Cheers!  Terry  P.S.
Now we wait for a clarification on the
mystery item valued at $1750.00.
--
McCoy Pottery On Line