[Mccoypottery-talk] OT - eBay Poll, Please vote!

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:30:48 -0500

Hello,
I really need some help -- I've just put up a poll, and will be doing
several others over the next month, about eBay.

I went out to an eBay Collectibles Summit in September and met lots of
folks in charge of the areas we are interested in. They really seemed to
care what the participants had to say and it'll be interesting to see if
our input has any direct results. I KNOW many of them visit my web site and
get my newsletter so I am sure the message will get through. PLUS I will be
emailing the results/link to the folks in charge of the direct categories
my readers deal in.

I also really had the feeling that they don't think the fraud/repro  issue
is as bad as many people I talk to feel, although I was pleased to learn
there are over 500 eBay employees that deal directly with different fraud
issues. I have a few short articles up on the Collectibles site now and
more will follow.

Participants included Kovels, Harry Rinker, Krause Publications, Wizard
World, Country Home, Playthings, Maine Antique Digest, Antique Week,
Antiques & Collecting Magazine, Giftware News and Pioneer Communications.

eBay Poll Link:
http://collectibles.about.com/library/polls/blpollebay1003.htm

AND if you hate the pop - ups on the About Sites ( I can't stand them
either, but have nothing to say about it.) Its very easy to install the
free beta version tool bar from Google. It's terrific and you can toggle it
back and forth IF you want to see the pop - ups.
Note: You do need IE 5.5 or better and it doesn't work on Macs yet.
http://toolbar.google.com/