[Mccoypottery-talk] Need help with pattern identification

Ohio Pottery Glassware Jennifer@webs-best.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:04:32 -0400

All of Hull marked their brown drip.  It's much heavier and more durable (my
opinion) than the other USA.  I always "thought" that was McCoy, but I don't
really know....  I just know it isn't Hull.  I have some cups and saucers in
the kitchen cabinet from when I started buying Hull Mirrorware and got
snookered into thinking it was Hull.

Jennifer Smith
Hull full of Ohio Pottery and Glassware
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore Ohio
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/OhioPottery/
GO BUCKS!!!!
-----Original Message-----
From: mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com
[mailto:mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com]On Behalf Of Kathy
Arrant
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 8:54 AM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] Need help with pattern identification

Hi,

I'm new to this list and was wondering if anyone can help me identifying a
pattern of dinnerware I recently picked up.  I'm not sure whether is Hull,
McCoy or something else.  The pieces look like mirror brown drip but the
"drip" part is much longer with a green tinge at the bottom of the white
"drip".  The bottoms of the cups are marked USA. but the plates, saucers and
bowls have no markings.  I can send a pic if needed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I've done a preliminary search of the
internet sites with no luck and am in the process of buying a book to help
with identification but I don't know whether to buy a Hull or McCoy book.
Though someone might know, right off the bat, what these are.

Kathy