[Mccoypottery-talk] Fakes and our Stand against them

McQuita@aol.com McQuita@aol.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:08:23 EST

Mark, you have gotten the point that I try to make.  Educate yourself, then
you can educate others.  No one has all the answers...there is so much even the
Mccoy's don't remember or know.  Working together, we can educate others on
the repros, fakes, etc.
I feel very fortunate to know the folks I do, have the knowledge I've gained
and to be able to share it.  If I don't know something, I'll tell you I don't
know.
It breaks my heart to tell someone they have a repro/fake. I know the feeling
of thinking I've found a true treasure to realize it's not genuine and it's
not a happy feeling to have.
Even though we're here to answer questions, my encouragement to buy good
books for back up still stands.  HNH, vol 2 and Sanfords Big Red are the best two
books that include McCoy cookie jars that I'm aware of.  If a cookie jar is
not in those books, it's PROBABLY not a genuine McCoy...there are a couple of
exceptions.
Thanks for the kind words...That was a nice way to start Monday morning.
Chiquita/Quita