[Mccoypottery-talk] Auction yesterday

Jennifer Smith Capriherb@dialupnet.com
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:32:32 -0400

I bought several pieces of McCoy yesterday at an auction!  FINALLY!  McCoy
that I could afford.
Also some Brush McCoy as well.
Most notably I did buy the Happy Bunny and he is in great condition!  There
were several absentee bids on him, but I persisted, probably more than I
needed to!
I got a couple of nice vases, a Cowboy (?) Mug, and a 3 piece set of Brush.
One vase was attributed (unmarked) to McCoy but I wasn't sure.  I bought it
because the price was right and I'll get photos tonight, but to describe it,
it is plain matte off white.  It is around 7.5 inches tall and is ridged.
On top of the ridges is a flower on one side and a leaflet on the back.  The
handles are double, very similar to a bow.
I would love help identifying it.
What else?  Well a large early Van Briggle flower form compote.  A Weller
flower frog.  A Roseville vase.  A few pieces of Hull, nothing important....
And a lot more!  Had a great day and this auction is just my favorite!

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm & "Hull Full Of Ohio"
Baltimore, OH
Living in the Green Belt of Columbus Ohio,
Go BUCKS!!!
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/ohiopottery