[Mccoypottery-talk] Test, this is a test.....

Jennifer Smith capriherb@dialupnet.com
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:35:49 -0400

I guess the list has been very quiet, huh?
There's a Smiley Face Bank at an auction I'm going to tomorrow.  Are these
particularly sought after?

Also.....  There's an auction I'm going to next Sunday that has over 150
pieces of OLD pottery.  Weller, McCoy, Brush Onyx (my new love!), Rookwood,
Roseville, Hull, Owens, Peter and Reed and several other Ohio Potteries.
It's the liquidation of an Antiques store.  And the neat thing (for me the
buyer) is it hasn't been advertised ANYWHERE!!!  The Auctioneer does
liquidation auctions of businesses and didn't advertise it in any of the
national publications or local publications (that came out today for the
next week) that folks use to find the local auctions!
My friend and I are just chomping at the bit to get to this one because we
"think" we can buy some really nice things for much less than what goes
locally at these auctions.
To add to that 2 of the large auction houses locally are having huge sales
this week which will attract others as well.
Can you tell I'm excited?  I have been buying a bit of the onyx Brush and I
am just in love with the browns!!
And other news????  Well I found a reasonable place at a little Mall in
downtown Newark today that I'm 90% sure I'm getting a space in.  It's almost
to the front door and very visible.  They had a lot of traffic today when I
was in there and during the week Newark is packed during the day, unlike
most towns.  I'm really excited and have no idea how to set up a booth!
Any pointers?  There are no walls or anything, just a space about 8 X 10
feet.

Jennifer Smith
Hull full of Ohio Pottery and Glassware
Capriherb Farm