[Mccoypottery-talk] smiley faces mccoy/cookie cutters

~barb xmascookie@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 19:41:36 -0500

Harvey Ball started the Smiley Face as we know it today.
I wrote a little note about him when he passed away three years ago this week.
http://collectibles.about.com/library/weekly/aa041301a.htm

It does explain the origin of the happy face we all love.
It looks like the links are dead on the article so I will be taking them
off later this week.

I bought a small McCoy Happy face mug last week for $10., drinking tea out
of right now. They also had the cookie jar for $40. which I thought was a
great price, but I already had one.

Hope this helps.
As for your cookie cutters, there is a similar group of cookie cutter
collectors that mostly share recipes, but also talk about their cutter
collections. They aren't very active but might be something you would be
interested in. I can send you the url for them if you're interested.

~barbara