[Mccoypottery-talk] shipping

mccoy@mccoypottery.com mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:21:39 -0500 (CDT)

Hello:  i agree with Barb that the cost of proper safe packing and
shipping is not cheap nor a rip off, nor a way for the seller to make a
profit.  It is not inexpensive to ship fragile large items such as cookie
jars etc.  A proper job of packing requires, sound new boxing materials,
double boxing and packing materials, then the cost of shipping is a
weight, zone and manner of shipping determination.

Taking it a step further, I ordered an 8oz. box of a British gravey mix
called Bisto.  The item was $4.00 and the shipping was $8.00 coming from
west coast to midwest. It was packaged well and the shipping weight along
with the priority mail (cheaper than First Class) was not out of line.  I
just tried to reason the cost of a product at half the cost of packing and
shipping. Then I had to determine just how bad I wanted the item.  Cheers!
 Terry