[Mccoypottery-talk] Off subject

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:04:58 -0400

Happy holiday.  I agree.  Ask questions and study books.  There are
books on pottery, on china, on depression-era glass, and pressed glass.
Jo Cunningham had a book or two on American dinnerware, and Gene
Florence does books on depression glass, kitchen glassware, elegant
glassware, and glassware of the 40's, 50's. and 60's.  Books by the late
Hazel Weatherman are great for identifying patterns of depression-era
glassware.  They are long out of print, and of course the values are no
longer valid.  Harvey Duke's book is good for identifying pottery.
There was supposed to be a new edition last year, but I don't think it
was ever published.
When we first got started with selling as well as collecting,, we had
space in a shop that specialized in books on antiques and collectibles.
That was the start of building up quite a library about other than McCoy
and other art pottery.  Going to Zanesville for many years, and East
Liverpool a few times, left  us fortunate enough to meet some of the
authors of the pottery books.  Neat experiences!

My eBay:  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/wyandotkid/

My web site:  http://collectalotshop.com/lizspostcardsandthings/