[Mccoypottery-talk] damaged item

McCoyPottery.com List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:46:20 -0500

On Apr 12, 2004, at 10:19 AM, ljconwill@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I am the one that purchased the salt & pepper shaker.  I paid extra
> for insurance and e-mailed the seller and asked for her to insure it.
> I also included a note with the payment stating I had included 1.30
> for insurance.  She e-mailed me back and said everything is fine.  But
> when I received the package the box was damaged and 1 of the shakers
> is broken.  I sent 3 e-mails before she reply and said she did not
> list insurance on the item, that was the buyer responsibility.  She
> has really been rude but I tried to stay calm and    just asked her to
> help locate another shaker for me.  She said she would send me the
> 1.30 back if I would send her my address, but she did not remember me
> sending an extra 1.30.
>
> I just said keep the money and left it at that.
>
> Now did I do wrong or what.

If you paid for insurance ask the seller for the insurance
ticket/receipt from the carrier.  Then file a claim.  If they do not
have one, then the seller must make restitution.  If communication
about insurance was made and an agreement was reached, and the seller
did not purchase the insurance as request, and you paid for it, again,
assuming that it was indeed insured, then the seller has self insured
it.  Ask that they either replaced the item, or refund your money
including all shipping, and your insurance fee.

If you do not get satisfaction, by all means file negative feedback.

Regards,
The List Mom
McCoy Pottery Online
http://www.mccoypottery.com