[Mccoypottery-talk] another fake Mammy

Loretta A. Payne-Nelson rett@netreach.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:43:26 -0400

When I first got started with cj's (which is when I joined this list), I
bought an Aunt Jemina cj just like that on ebay.  Total bid was like
68.00 + s&h, and, to add further insult to injury, seller lived in
Pennsylvania and charged me 6% sales tax.  Her wording said, old, found
at an estate sale, etc.  I realized after the auction end it was a fake
so I asked her, and she had a fit.  So, it sits in the kitchen.  I would
never try to sell it except at a yard sale for little or nothing because
I would feel guilty passing it off as real...some people have no
shame.   This one that is up to $76 says in the description she gives no
guarantee to authenticity,  etc.