[Mccoypottery-talk] Someone destroyed a McCoy

BigBVideo@aol.com BigBVideo@aol.com
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:57:18 EDT

I, too, shudder when I see something like that painted vase,  but keep in
mind that these pieces were originally very inexpensive and not considered any
kind of fine art. I'm acutally surprised that there aren't more pieces floating
around that have been painted or decorated in some way. In the 60's, my
grandmother went thru that tole painting phase, and she grabbed just about anything
she could get her hands on and painted her little designs. In her case, it was
mostly strawberries. McCoy, with its nice smooth finish, would have been a
good target. I don't know that she tole painted any, but I do know she chipped a
Lady with Bonnet wall pocket and grabbed her tole painting box and painted in
the red border that she knocked off. I have the piece now, and the border
doesn't bother me. Besides, given the date, her "repair" is almost an antique! LOL

As for the gold vase, who knows, maybe putting it in the dishwasher will get
rid of most of it! It works for cold paint!

Walter